A new Proclaim feature just dropped today, and it gives you even more free media.
It’s called Community Smart Media, and it’s made by users just like you, shared for anyone with Proclaim to use. You can add it to your presentation—and customize it further—just like you would your own media.
Since the category is brand new, you get the first go at filling it up with great-looking work. Here are a few tips to help you design media that looks professional and will get tons of use.
Remember, the more you share, the more others will, too, which means more free media for everyone.
How to create great Smart Media:
- Keep it simple. Follow the grid suggestions you see as you build your slide. The eye likes order, so go for alignment and lots of blank space. A text-heavy slide is hard to take in.
- Use great images. Check out Unsplash.com. It’s a site full of beautiful photos that are totally free to use for any purpose. Simply import them as a background in Proclaim to start designing.
- Play with fonts (but not too much). Generally speaking, you want uniformity in fonts on a given slide. Using two fonts can be a nice touch—one for the biggest word or phrase, another for body text—but anything more than two can start to look messy. And be sure to use the fonts that come standard in Proclaim—that way they appear the same for everyone.
- Think complimentary colors. You can find a simple rundown of complementary colors here, and that’ll help you make slides that really pop.
- Remember aspect ratio. See what your design looks like in 16×9 and 4×3 so you know it works for both aspect ratios. You don’t want your layout to look scrambled in either one.
- Finally, make sure to share it! Your smart media won’t go out to the community unless you opt to share it. You can also tag it with descriptions to make it easy to find. (For example, if your image is of a dark forest, consider the tags “trees,” “dark,” and “forest.”)
If you don’t have Proclaim, start a free 30-day trial. You’ll get instant access to over 14,000 graphics and stills made just for churches.
If you do have Proclaim, you can read a tutorial about Community Smart Media here.
Enjoy this wealth of free media on Proclaim—and be sure to add to it!